Pages

Tuesday 30 August 2016

Lyra.. Small in size – Big on taste!


I had been told about this teeny-tiny roadside food stall, on Salunke Vihar road, by my friend, Sharon. While driving past, it suddenly dawned on me that I was in the same vicinity as Lyra. They have a limited menu and, on a whim, I decided to pick up two items: Mutton Seekh Kabab and Chicken Pahadi Tikka.

As soon as I reached home, I unpacked the kababs, clicked the photograph and dug in. The Mutton Seekh was perfectly spiced and delicious. Unfortunately, they do not make any kinds of roti/s to go with the kababs. Luckily, the carnivore in me doesn’t need any! :P The Pahadi Tikka was marinated in a green marinade. The tikkas were cooked to retain their succulent texture, just the way I like them. No complaints at all in regard to either of the dishes. I cannot wait to try more items from their menu.

Please note, they are only open in the evening (from 7 pm to 10.30 pm) and they do not have any seating arrangements. One can order items off the menu and pick up the food parcels or can request home delivery. They provide free delivery to nearby places (in and around Salunke Vihar locality). They also deliver to places a tad out of the way if the orders are above 200-300 rupees.

The Mutton Seekh (2 pieces) and the Chicken Pahadi Tikka are priced at Rs 110/- and Rs 70 respectively. Total VFM!

Verdict: Good things do come in small sizes. I just wish all my whims turned out as nice as Lyra. ;-)

Ambiance: Bola na roadside eatery hai - ambiance chahiye toh kahi aur jao
Food: 4/5 (in regard to the two items tried)
Service: Very polite and helpful.

Crockery (for photograph) courtesy: My niece, Minaz Bokdawalla :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment