Pages

Thursday 4 February 2016

Kloee’s – A Sweet Treat!


Kloee’s – A Sweet Treat!

Kainaz Nunes (of Kloee’s) is a professional chef with years of experience under her belt. She has worked at The Oberoi as part of their OCER (Oberoi Central Employment Register) demi chef de parties training program. She later moved to the United Kingdom to work with Brookmans and, thereafter; to Dubai for the pre opening of The Atlantis Palm Jumeireh. It was at the pastry section of Nobu, at The Atlantis Palm Jumeireh, that she began her ‘baking’ journey and mastered the art of baking the most awesome pastries, cakes, pies, tarts and more.


When Kainaz approached me for the review, the first thing I told her was that I, at one time, have had the most awesome brownies and I would surely compare the ones made by her to the ones I’ve had. The Choco Walnut Brownie (Rs 650/- for a full tray & Rs 450/- for half tray – I apologize, I have no photograph of that because my brother and I couldn’t wait long enough to sample it), Carrot Cake (Rs 150/- for 250 grams), Dense Chocolate Loaf (Rs 120 for 250 grams), Apple and Banana Salted Caramel Tart (Rs 100 – approx 200 grams), Double Chocolate Cupcakes with Chocolate Ganache (Rs 200 – box of 6) and Red Velvet Cupcakes with Cream Cheese (Rs 200 – box of 6) were the things she sent for me to try. I placed a separate order for Chicken Quiche (Rs 350/- for 7” quiche) as my family loves it.


The fabulous brownies I had eaten earlier were indeed fabulous, but I have a very honest confession to make: the Choco Walnut Brownie by Kloee’s beat those by a mile. I cannot begin to explain how delicious it was and the only way I can word it is to say, ‘I was in brownie heaven’!

The Carrot Cake was fresh and an absolute delight, more so, because it was not overly sweet.



The Dense Chocolate Loaf was just that, dense and delicious. The only drawback was the chocolate chips sprinkled over the top as this interfered with the smooth dense texture of the cake. I would have preferred the intense, melt-in-the-mouth chocolate loaf without having to chew on those choco-chip bits. 


I am not a big fan of fruits or anything that contains fruit. Over the years, though, I have developed an intense liking for apple pie, all thanks to the one time when my bestie  Srinanda (Denzy) and her daughter Pia (my bunny wabbit - yes wabbit, not rabbit)  convinced me to try a bite of the apple pie they were sharing at a restaurant. Now, I always make it a point to buy apple pies whenever I can lay my greedy paws on them. The Apple-Banana Salted Caramel Tart that Kainaz sent me was to die for. The filling was perfectly balanced, moist, with just that hint of salted caramel coming through. The tart shell, too, was beautifully cooked!


The Double Chocolate cupcakes and Red Velvet cupcakes were classic! The muffins for both the cupcakes were soft and the chocolate ganache and cream cheese frosting was spot on! (The minimum order for cupcakes (single flavor) is a box of 6)



As I mentioned earlier, I had placed an order for the Chicken Quiche. The Bawi in me can never resist the lure of eggs and cheese so when I saw the quiche on her Facebook page I just had to order it. It was one of the best quiches I have ever tasted and I would know, because I bake quiche for my family quite often. Truly worth every rupee! Vegetarians need not be disappointed: she makes Vegetarian Quiche too!


Kainaz Nunes of Kloee’s is in Pune only for a few months before she relocates to another country. Her bakes and cakes are very reasonably priced and yet nowhere did I notice any compromise on quality. Do give her fabulous goodies a try while she is still in Pune. You won’t regret it because this lady is a master at her work.

A perfect Quiche, indeed!

There sometimes comes a time in the life of a food critique when reviewing certain food stuff is a real pain, and then again, there are times when it’s a pleasure. This was truly a pleasure!

Packaging: 4/5
(Simple and neat – no expensive, fancy packaging - you can’t bite into it and have to finally thrown into the dustbin anyways)
Presentation: 4/5
Food 4.5/5
(Chocolate chips on the dense loaf was a no for me)

Kloee’s (Kainaz Nunes)
Tel: +91 9930621425

Address: Mangaldas Road, Pune.

2 comments:

  1. Great going Kainaaz Nunes.....may you provide sweetness in our lives for a really long time

    ReplyDelete