Pages

Thursday 10 January 2019

The Food Gallery – Daily Tiffins & More!


I finally decided to pen this write up after having eaten many, many tiffins and lots of a la carte items from the menu of The Food Gallery (TFG). The tiffin photographs for this write up are not the fancy kind, with garnish et al. I have clicked photographs of the food (tiffins) immediately after having emptied them to give the readers a clear picture of how the food looks like when received. 



When mum and dad shifted to Pune, I began ordering tiffin intermittently, to supplement home cooked food. We had opted for the 3-person tiffin which costs 330 per day. The tiffins began well with good Parsi and multi-cuisine food. I’ll be honest, at the time, I wasn’t sure whether the tiffins were good because I was a new client or because they were actually good. Today, after ordering tiffins (and a la carte) for over 15 months, I can say with surety, it wasn’t because I was a new customer. The tiffins were good because good food is what The Food Gallery consistently sends out.



The tiffin I receive consists of rice and a gravy/dal (veg or non-veg) for the afternoon meal. For dinner, there’s a side dish, a main dish (again, veg or non-veg) and soft chapatis. The spice quotient of the tiffin (an important factor), is medium spicy to suit most palates. 



While the contents of all tiffins for the day remain the same, the quantity of the tiffin depends on the package chosen. Also, let me clarify, they do not send any mutton dishes as mutton is too expensive a protein to send on a ‘tiffin’ budget. Eggs, chicken and, on occasion, fish is the variety of non-veg items sent. The quantity is perfect for the amount paid. Do they ever mess up? Of course, they do, they’re human! But according to me, If I receive one tiffin with something missing or amiss, after having received 99 perfect ones, that is as near to perfect as one can ever get.


While The Food Gallery has a couple of tables set up, it is mainly a dark kitchen/home delivery/pick up place. Apart from tiffins, they also have an a la carte menu. The dishes I love are the Bheja Cutlets, Indian Kheema (what is usually known as Kheema Pau), Chicken/Mutton Cutlets, Chicken Russian Patties (these are delish but I do wish the potatoes were not a mix of mash and pieces – ideally, perfectly mashed potatoes with the shreds of chicken feel way better on the palate), Trotters/Payas, Parsi style Mutton Pulao Dar, Kolmi no Patio, Veg Au Gratin, Chicken Mac & Cheese Bake and Fried Bombay Duck (You do, however, have to gently crisp the Bombay Duck in a non-stick pan as they get a tad soft in the process of being delivered). For everything mentioned above I have placed repeat orders because the quality of food has always been consistent. 


One other item from their menu that I am head over heels in love with and deserves special mention is the Parsi tea time delicacy, ‘Bhakhra’. They don’t make the soft dough-y ones that get stuck in your throat. The Bhakhras they make are beautifully crisp, fried to a deep golden brown. Like a cookie and yet no so; definitely a Parsi Bhakra. They really do make the best Bhakhras in town!💓


The Food Gallery also sends out customized tiffins for vegetarians, diabetics and for people who want very spicy or very bland (non-spicy) food. They are based in Lulla Nagar and they do not deliver pan Pune so give Mabrin or Hutoxi a call to check whether delivery to your residence is feasible. Lots of people face the dilemma I faced last year when I needed a good tiffin for my family; that is precisely why I chose to write about The Food Gallery. I hope it helps! 😊

Address: Shop 1, Roopanand Aparment, 95 Sahaney Sujan Park, Lullanagar, Kondhwa, Pune
Tel: +91 9822021033 / +91 9822000433

Do check out the pics posted below. I've clicked them on various occasions over a period of 15 months.

Bheja Na Cutlets (A La Carte)

Rajma - Tiffin

Mixed Dal - Tiffin

Khichdee - Tiffin

Machhi No Patio - Tiffin

Russian Pattise (A La Carte)

Russian Pattise (A La Carte)

Russian Pattise (A La Carte)

And this is the way I eat my Russian Pattise :-) 

Russian Pattise (A La Carte) Spread out on Buttered Toast.. All ready to be bitten into. 

Methi Chicken No Ras - Tiffin

Veg Hakka Noodles - Tiffin (They also send a mean Veg Manchurian... yes i did say, Veg)

Masala ni Dar or Plain Dhanshak ni Dar (No such thing as Veg Dhanshak... urghhhh) Sent with the Pulao (A La Carte)

Parsi Mutton Pulao (A La Carte) 

Parsi Mutton Pulao (A La Carte) Yes, we Bawas want it all.. Mutton, Potatoes and Eggs. 

Tarela Boomla (A La Carte) These need to be crisped up in a non-stick

Egg Chutney Pattise - Tiffin

Lobia/Chora - Tiffin

White Rice - Tiffin 
Mori Dar (I usually make this at home but this was ordered A La Carte as i was unwell and could not cook)

Prawn Patio (I usually make this at home but this was ordered A La Carte as i was unwell and could not cook)

Parsi Sagan Ni Sev (A La Carte)

Parsi Sagan No Ravo (A La Carte)

Tiffin

Murghi No Kharo Ras - Tiffin

Omel;ette - Tiffin 

My heart beats for this.. Bhakhra (A La Carte) 

Bheja Na Cutlets (A La Carte) Ordered so many times that I've now lost count of the times I've ordered this. 

Perfectly packed

Parsi Mutton Pulao Dar (A La Carte) - Had requested extra Brista

Tiffin

Chicken Kharo Ras (Tiffin)

Kharu Dodhi (Tiffin)

Egg Chutney Pattise (Tiffin)

Bheja Na Cutlets (A La Carte)

Everything so perfectly packed that not a drop leaks out. (A La Carte)

Mori Dar, Kolmi No Patio and Rice ordered sometime last year (A La Carte)

Mori Dar, Kolmi No Patio and Rice ordered sometime last year (A La Carte)

Gajar Meva Nu achaar sent with Mora Dar Chawal (A La Carte)

The Food Gallery Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

1 comment:

  1. I welcome all the suggestion mentioned in this blog related to new learning skills. It is definitely going to help me to adopt new exited way of learning. I think, others will also feel helpful this blog for their needs.
    กุนเชียงหมู

    ReplyDelete