Pages

Thursday 22 October 2020

Sautéed Mushrooms Baby Potatoes



I came across this recipe on an FB food group, somewhere in 2014 or 2015. The recipe belongs to Sudeshna Bhattacharya. While I searched high and low for the original recipe on that group, I was unable to find it. I am very sure, though, that the recipe belongs to Sudeshna coz when I saved it on a Word document, I’d made a note of it. I usually (99.9%) do that, to ensure I give credit where due. 

I have no frikkin’ clue how I missed posting this recipe. The photographs are old, clicked on the first Note phone released by Samsang. They were clicked at the time when I had cooked this. They aren’t the best pics but, trust me when I say, the recipe is a keeper. I say this, coz had the recipe not turned out right, I would have deleted it from my recipe folder immediately. It was kept safe, that means… you can give this a try and expect excellent results. 
😉 

Ingredients:

400 grams mushrooms, washed and halved
250 grams baby potatoes
6 cloves garlic, finely chopped
2 large onions, chopped
2 green chilies, finely chopped
1 teaspoon smoked paprika powder
½ teaspoon lemon pepper powder
3 tablespoons olive oil
6 sprigs coriander leaves, chopped
3 spring onions, chopped
Salt to taste

Method:
  1. Boil the baby potatoes. Peel and halve. Keep aside.


  2. Heat oil, add garlic, onions, green chilies, and sauté till onions turn translucent. 


  3. Add smoked paprika powder, lemon pepper powder and sauté for a few seconds. 


  4. Add the halved mushrooms. Cook on high heat, mix intermittently and gently, till the mushrooms are semi-cooked. 


  5. Add the baby potatoes, mix, and cook till the juices in the pan are nearly dry. 


  6. Add salt, as needed. Cook for a few minutes more until the juices in the pan are dry. 


  7. Add the spring onions, give it a mix and immediately take the pan off the stove. Serve!


Chef Notes:
  1. Feel free to adjust the green chilies to your liking.
  2. If lemon pepper powder isn’t available to you feel free to use a bit of lemon zest and black pepper powder to make up for the ready spice blend. 
  3. If paprika isn’t available, substitute it with Deghi Lal Mirch powder or Kashmiri Chili Powder. 
  4. While this is a dry preparation, if you prefer the dish to be a tad moist, take it off the flame a bit sooner.
  5. As mentioned at the onset, the original recipe belongs to Sudeshna Bhattacharya. The photographs, though, belong to my blog, Kenzy’s Kitchen Korner. You may share the direct blog-link of the recipe/s but do NOT publish my recipes, and/or my photographs, on any blogsite or website without my explicit consent or attempt to pass off my recipe/s as your own. You will be held accountable for plagiarism.
Some more photographs:






No comments:

Post a Comment