Pages

Wednesday 2 October 2013

Chicken Fiesta Pizza with Homemade Pizza Sauce


Chicken Fiesta Pizza with Homemade Pizza Sauce

I haven’t tried my hand at baking bread/s hence I usually buy readymade thin crust bread base for my pizzas. I’m sharing this recipe is because the pizza sauce, that I make from scratch, is delicious. This pizza sauce is courtesy my sis-in-law Khorshed. She taught me how to make this sauce years ago. For me, no other pizza sauce compares to this. As for the toppings, feel free to use whatever suits your fancy.

Ingredients for Sauce:

4 large onions, finely chopped
100 grams mushrooms, sliced
20 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 teaspoons ginger-garlic paste
1 teaspoon red chili-garlic paste
½ -1 teaspoon Kashmiri chili powder
3 packets tomato puree
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon chili sauce
2 medium sized green capsicum, finely chopped
4 tablespoons sugar (or to taste)
Salt, to taste
¾ -1 tablespoon vinegar (or to taste)
2–3 tablespoons corn flour mixed in ¼ cup water

Extra Ingredients:

3 chicken breasts, boiled and cut into small cubes
6 chicken frankfurters, lightly sautéed and cut into diagonal rings
6 to 8 slices of chicken salami, lightly sautéed and cut into pieces
1 onion, sliced for garnishing
1 medium capsicum, chopped for garnishing
100 grams mushrooms, sliced for garnishing
400 grams Mozzarella cheese (if you’re a health/diet conscious person please use less)
6 six inch pizza breads
Oil
Butter, to dot

Method for Pizza Sauce:

  1. Heat some oil and fry the finely chopped onions till translucent. Throw in the garlic and sauté.
  2. Add the ginger-garlic paste, red chili-garlic paste, and red chili powder and fry well.
  3. Add tomato puree, soya sauce, chili sauce and let it cook till the tomatoes change to a darker color and lose the raw taste n smell.
  4. Add the cubed chicken pieces, finely chopped mushrooms, capsicum pieces and cook for about 2-3 minutes.
  5. Add the vinegar, sugar and salt. (Adjust all three according to your taste.) Allow to cook for a minute more.
  6. Gradually (one tablespoon at a time) add the corn flour mixture to the tomato gravy. It should be of thick, spreadable consistency. 
Method for Pizza:

  1. Take a pizza bread, spread the chicken pizza sauce, layer with mushroom slices (I prefer to put the mushroom on the sauce instead of putting them on top coz on grilling the pizza they tend to turn dark and look very ugly if you are planning to click a picture).
  2. Top the mushrooms with mozzarella cheese and then top the cheese with sausage, salami, capsicum and onion pieces.
  3. Dot the top of the pizza with a wee bit of butter and grill for about 15-20 minutes or till done and cheese melts and bubbles. 
Chef Notes: 

  1. This quantity makes six 6” pizzas.
  2. I have given the exact amount of sugar and vinegar as used by me but I advise you to add both, sugar and vinegar, little by little, and adjust the flavor to your liking when you use it.
  3. I have chosen chicken as the topping. Feel free to use whatever topping you prefer.
  4. I put the mushrooms on the sauce instead of putting them on top (because on grilling they turn dark and spoil the look of the pizza, more so if you are planning to click a photo of it.
  5. You may share the direct blog-link of the recipe/s but do NOT publish my recipes and my photographs on any blog-site or website without my explicit consent or attempt to pass off my recipe/s as your own. You will be held accountable for plagiarism. 

No comments:

Post a Comment