Mango Ice Cream with Mango Bits
It's the season of luscious, juicy mangoes. That is exactly why I decided to make mango ice cream and share the recipe with you. Clicking photos for this recipe was a real headache. The first time I tried to click the photos, even with all the props and camera in place, the ice cream began to melt real fast.
1 cup mango pulp
¼ cup condensed milk (optional)
3 - 5 tablespoons powdered sugar, or to taste
5 tablespoons milk powder
100 mils milk
1 cup whipping cream
½ cup mango pieces
- Mix the mango pulp, condensed milk, powder sugar, milk powder, milk and give it a whiz in a blender.
- In a clean, dry bowl add the cream and whip to ‘semi-stiff peaks’ consistency.
- Gently add the mango pulp mixture from the blender into the cream.
- Mix it gently but well to ensure it all comes together perfectly.
- Freeze the mixture in an airtight container for 3 hours.
- Remove the container from the freezer after 3 hours and give it a light stir.
- Add the mango pieces, give it one more stir and put it back in the freezer for 6-7 hours until set. Scoop out and enjoy!
- Condensed milk is added to give the ice cream a wonderful creamy texture. You can omit it if you like and adjust the sugar accordingly but I definitely prefer my ice cream creamy.
- Foods like ice cream when frozen lessens in sweetness hence when you adjust the sweetness please do add a wee bit extra. I used 5 tablespoons of sugar.
- You may share the direct blog-link of the
recipe/s but do NOT publish my recipes and my photographs on any blog-site
or website without my explicit consent or attempt to pass off my recipe/s
as your own. You will be held accountable for plagiarism.