Pages

Monday 23 July 2018

Big Belly Canteen – Perfect For My Belly! πŸ˜‰



Yesterday, I was itching to have Indian food hence decided to order Rara Chicken (INR 320) from Big Belly Canteen (BBC). I'd heard very good reviews about it. I have to agree with each and every positive review ever written about BBC's Rara Chicken. 


The gravy was delish, and the chicken was juicy and tender. The Butter Garlic Naan (INR 35) that I'd ordered, as accompaniment, was also very nicely done.


A couple of months back Jitin bhai had called to say he was opening a new delivery kitchen at Viman Nagar; Big Belly Canteen (BBC). He mentioned he wanted to send over a few dishes for me to try as he wanted feedback for the same. I tried the food and gave him honest verbal feedback, as requested.


As I'm penning about last night's dinner, I've decided to pen about the dinner Jitin bhai sent me a couple of months back. So, read on... 


At the time he'd sent me Khandeshi Chicken which was spicy as it had special ground Khandeshi masala added. The light bitter aftertaste of Javantri (Mace) came through delicately and beautifully. 


He also sent Veg Butter Chicken, Dal Gheewala, Jeera Rice and Lachcha Paratha.


While I loved the robustly spicy Khandeshi Chicken, the Veg Butter Chicken did nothing for me with regard to the overly sweet gravy. The Soya Chaamp in the gravy were nice but the sweet gravy was a letdown. Having said that let me add with honesty, mum cannot handle spicy food hence this was the dish of the day for her. (Such a perfect example of 'taste is subjective'). 


The Dal Gheewala was fabulous, and they weren't at all stingy with the ghee. It was yum! The Jeera Rice was also superb!


Next, I need to try their Chindian food. I'm told they do a mean Chilli Chicken. πŸ˜‰

Please note: Big Belly Canteen is not a restaurant; it’s a ‘Delivery Kitchen’ based at Ramwadi, Viman Nagar. They are (soon) opening a second branch at Baner.

To order, you may call them on +91 8669994001 or you may order via Zomato, Swiggy or Dial-A-Meal.

Big Belly Canteen Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Some more photographs...








No comments:

Post a Comment