Pages

Sunday 26 May 2019

Moolchand Paratha - New Delhi - I'm Glad I Did Not Miss This!


While in Delhi last week, on a food trail, I was advised by a friend (Amit Uppal - thank you), to visit Moolchand Paratha. I finally managed to squeeze a bit of time to visit them. I visited their Lajpat Nagar outlet.



I chose the Cheese Paratha and the Aloo-Pyaz Paratha and... we requested them for some white butter to go with it. They gave us tiny Amul butter sachets. I do feel a smear of white butter would have been way better.

The Cheese Paratha was stuffed with Amul Cream Cheese. It was nice but a wee bit of chopped onion and tiny bits of green chillies added to the cream cheese would have given the paratha a better texture and lent it some 'oomph'. 

As for the Aloo-Pyaz, it was fanfuckintastic! Loved the chaat masala sprinkled on the paratha/s and combo of Potato-Onion stuffing was great. They hadn't mashed the potatoes; they were chopped, and the translucent onions bits lent a lovely flavour to the paratha. I'd go back for this one time and time again.

Let me add, we had both parathas without any butter coz Amul butter was not what I was looking for. Even without butter, both parathas were delicious!

I paid approximately INR 150 for both parathas. Total VFM stuff this! 

P.S: I merely managed two photographs, from and in the car, as there was chaos with regard to parking. 

Location 1 - Address: Moolchand Metro Station, Lajpat Nagar 4, New Delhi
Tel: +91 9871734042

Location 2 – Address: Shop 3, Opposite Deshbandhu College, Krishna Market, Kalkaji, New Delhi
Tel: 011 40105204 / +91 8448504175

Moolchand Parantha Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment