Pages

Saturday 11 August 2018

The French Window Patisserie – Tres Bien!




This write up should, ideally, have been written a month and a half back but I had too much on my plate (literally and figuratively 😊), hence the delay. But, better late than never, eh?


When a little birdie (Crystal) got back from Brazil after three long months, we simply had to catch up for our ‘me’ time. We chose The French Window Patisserie (TFWP) as our ‘catch up’ destination.


While I chose the Lemon Ice Tea, my friend chose the Basil Smoothie. The Lemon Ice Tea was cold and very refreshing. Please do not ask me about the Basil Smoothie; I refuse to put my hands on anything so ‘green’, let alone allow it to touch my palate. *wicked grin* My friend did sip it was great pleasure, though. 


While we sipped our drinks, we needed something to munch on hence decided to order the Poutine (with crispy bacon, but of course). The cheesy fries with the crisp bacon was heaven in a bowl. Sigh!


For the main course, my friend ordered a Mango Walnut Salad. If eating a couple of walnuts from the salad can be construed as ‘eating salad’ then, I did. (giggles) 


I chose the Christmas Pulled Pork Du Pain. This was superbly cooked pulled pork on crisp Crostini/s, topped with cheese. This was then put under a grill to allow the cheese to go the ‘molten’ route. Sounds super delish, doesn’t it? It was! 😉

Take a closer look ;-) 

There is no way Crystal and I will skip dessert hence we decided to share some Macarons (Orange, Dark Chocolate and Tonka) and a Dark Chocolate Berry Mousse. 


The Macarons were stellar! On touch, I immediately experienced the delicateness of the light, smooth and crisp exterior which went on to be a tad chewy from within as soon as I bit into it. Absolutely perfect! As for the flavours we tried, we liked the Tonka but, as it is an acquired taste it did not blow us way. The Orange Macaron was really very good but, it was the Dark Chocolate Macaron that totally blew us away. I could easily polish of a dozen of those beautiful babies. *I sound like a wicked, hungry ogre*


As for the Dark Chocolate Berry Mousse; it’s decadent and sinful! If you love chocolate as much as I do, then put this on your ‘must-must eat’ list.

Towards the end of our meal it began raining heavily. Most tables at TFWP are ‘all’aperto’ but the seating is covered during monsoon. After dessert, while my friend sipped a flavoured coffee I sat, peacefully, enjoying the cool breeze and the lashing rain. It was an afternoon of serious and crazy discussions, giggles and mad laughs (touch wood).

Our damages in total (including GST) for the afternoon was INR 1962. They levy no service charge, but the servers are so sweet and friendly, I promise, you’ll happily shell out 10%.

My thanks to Babita and Team TFWP for allowing us the liberty to sit and while away time at TFWP and of course, heartfelt thanks for the wonderful food served.

Food 5/5
Ambience 4/5
Service 5/5

Address: Bungalow 4, lane 5, Koregaon park, Pune
Tel: +91 9766644202 / 020 30586643

The French Window Patisserie Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment