Pages

Wednesday 19 September 2018

Kabana – Pune’s Most Romantic Rooftop Location!




This happens to be one of Pune’s most beautiful location for a meal, a get-together, a party or an intimate wedding. A serene blue pool, a perfectly manicured garden and depending on the season, a perpetual, or an intermittent, cool breeze blowing your way. 



This place, in the evening, is adequately lit and yet, the lights are dim enough for cozy, romantic meet-ups. Of course, the food here is stellar! The place I am writing about is the pool-side restaurant, Kabana at Conrad, Pune.


Everyone is entitled to their ‘me’ time and I’m no different. I usually drop in at Kabana to chill for a while when I need my solitude. A peaceful ambience, a cup of tea (always Assam), a cookie and some French fries; ah! works perfectly to soothe and rejuvenate my urban soul. You should try it, truly works really well. 😉 


I’ve been there by myself and I’ve been to Kabana with friends. This write up is about all the things I’ve/we’ve eaten there.


Kanda-Batata Bhajias: It was pouring that evening. What better then, then garam chai and bhajias. Bhajias are not on the menu but the chef was kind enough to make this for us. These bhajias, though, were a tad different. The onions were sliced kekda bhajia style, mixed with thickly grated batata (potatoes); both were mixed together with the right amount of spice (specially ajwain/carom seeds) and batter fried like regular kekda bhaji. Crisp and divinely sinful, exactly as bhajias should be.


French Fries: I order this quite often and they’re always fried perfectly crisp and golden.


Smoked Salmon, Cream Cheese in Bagel with Caper Berry: The bagel was beautifully toasted, and the smoked salmon and cream cheese were of supreme quality. 


Anyone who loves smoked salmon is going to fall head over heels in love with this one. Let me also add, they aren’t at all stingy with the salmon or the cream cheese; that so delighted the ‘bhukhad’ in me! :P


Homemade Spaghetti Aglio Olio e Peperoncino: I’ve tried Aglio Olio, and, at most places, it usually turns out to be a dry pasta preparation. That is precisely why I was a tad apprehensive about ordering it. My bestie loves it hence I went along with her choice and oh boy! I am ever so glad we ordered this. 


The perfect al dente spaghetti was tossed in garlic and fresh red chili, sautéed in olive oil. There were two versions of Aglio Olio on the menu; vegetable and prawn. We, of course, chose prawn. Adequate olive oil had been used hence this wasn’t a dry preparation and the basil, parsley, prawns and grated Parmesan elevated the dish to a ‘theobromic’ level. I’d go back for this dish time and again… Well, I actually did, and do, go back for this time and again. *greedy grin*

The first time I tried the Smoked Salmon, Cream Cheese Bagel and the Aglio Olio at Kabana, I requested to meet the chef. I was told his name was Ashish Gutal. He came over to meet us. For both these dishes, I could have kissed his hand, but I had a feeling it would’ve embarrassed the crap outta him, hence, all I did was shower him with high praise. Both dishes were wonderfully moreish… you definitely wanted more!!  


Chocolate Mud Pie with Caramel Ice Cream: Rich, delicious, decadent and a must have for chocolate lovers. The portion is big enough to be shared by two.


Superb ambience and excellent food, that’s what Kabana is all about. As for the service, the servers are attentive and yet respect your privacy and give you the space to relax and enjoy the atmosphere that surrounds. Kabana is a restaurant that you will want to visit for all these reasons and more. Step in to experience the luxury!

Posted below is a video taken at Kabana, in hyperlapse camera mode, on a very breezy afternoon. 


Kabana - Conrad Pune Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment