Pages

Friday 19 October 2018

Independence Brewing Company – Because I Had Kheema Pau On My Mind 😊


A friend and I were out one afternoon to shortlist the menu for her upcoming wedding. As usual, I hadn't eaten breakfast and all that 'food talk' had my tummy growling in anger. 😟


Once done with the wedding menu we rushed to IBC. While she was craving Chicken & Prawn Dumplings in Sichuan Chili Oil, I wanted to try the new Mutton Kheema Pau with Half-Fry Egg from IBC's 'Chef's Special' menu.


The Prawn & Chicken Dumplings were excellent, as always. While the dish looks like it can blow a hole in your gut, it does not. It is on the spicy side and perfectly so, so as to allow the chicken and prawn to shine through. I'd describe this dish in one word; moreish!

I have been wanting to try the Kheema Pau, ever since IBC put it on the 'Chef Special' menu. More so, because this was 'Mutton' kheema.


The kheema was perfectly cooked. The ratio of mutton to fat (which is very important when cooking kheema) was spot on! This was the dry 'kheema fry' kind of kheema which goes perfectly with pau. Those of you who like Kheema Fry but stay away from it because of the ‘excess-oil’ factor, it’s time to rejoice because this beautiful, robust-flavoured kheema is not overly oily at all. Wonderfully spiced and toothsome, I could find no fault with the kheema. The pau was very nice, but it would've been nicer had it had more butter on the inside. Also, had they flattened and crisped the pau on a tawa, or a grill, the flavour and texture of the pau (bread) would've skyrocketed. Except for this teeny-weeny 'pau' point, this dish was stellar! I will go back for this time and again. I truly hope this dish goes from the temporary 'Chef's Menu' to their main menu. IBC, I hope you're reading this. πŸ˜‰


For drinks, while I sipped on Diet Coke that afternoon, my friend chose Ronella (mocktail). The total cost of our meal (GST included) was INR 1118. They do not levy any SC hence we did the needful.

IBC happens to be one of my regular haunts. Over the past year, other than the visit that I’ve mentioned above, I’ve lost count of the number of times I've walked into IBC. Mum and I, usually, finish outdoor chores and head to IBC for their lip-smacking food. I promise I’ll pen more details of all their ‘must-try’ dishes. For now, head to IBC and give these two dishes a try. πŸ˜‰

Address: 79/1, Zero One Complex, Pingale Vasti, Mundhwa, Pune
Tel: +912026881500 / +918888168886

No comments:

Post a Comment