Pages

Tuesday 9 October 2018

La Kheer Deli (LKD) - Gourmet Kheer, Indeed!


After lunch, on Sunday afternoon, we drove around wondering where and what to eat dessert. We suddenly realized La Kheer Deli (LKD - I'm a true blue Bawi hence the initials brought another acronym to mind. I am going to (angelically) refrain from mentioning it here 🙊🙈) was in the vicinity.

We tried four flavours.

Blackcurrent: Surprisingly, this turned out to be a beautiful balance of sweet and tangy flavours. I'm not much for fruity stuff, but, I have to say, I really liked it.


Brownie & Nutelloreo: Both these were chocolate based. What, in heaven's name, can ever go wrong with a chocolate flavoured anything? Answer: Absolutely nothing!

I'm not a big fan of kheer, but by now I was quite impressed with the flavours I'd tried.


The fourth flavour I tried was Gulkand. I don't eat paan, which is why this was not a flavour I was eager to try but I gave it a shot. I was not expecting any 'wow' factor. Well, it stumped me! It didn't merely have a 'wow' factor; it had a 'WOW' factor. The kheer had just the right quantity of Gulkand and Dry Fruits added to it. Of the four that I tried, this was my favourite! 🤤


I cannot wait to head back to LKD and try some more flavours. They have two branches so, if you're at Aundh or JM road, do walk in and give this place a try. You won't regret it.

We paid a total of INR 416 for 4 cups of gourmet kheer. Well worth the price, I'd say.

Address: Next to Natural Ice Cream, Ghole road, JM Road, Pune
Tel: +919766777854 / +919970710036

LKD | La Kheer Deli Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment