Pages

Wednesday 24 October 2018

Trident (Nariman Point) – Delicious Brekkie Mornings At Frangipani!


This review is a tad late, but this restaurant so deserves a write-up, which is why, though late, I decided to pen it.




I was staying at Trident, Nariman Point-Mumbai, for some much deserved ‘me-time’ and while I strolled around Mumbai for lunch or dinner, breakfast was always the buffet spread at Trident’s Frangipani. Over the week that I stayed there, I tried a wide variety of dishes over breakfast.



I’m extremely finicky when it comes to scrambled eggs. I always want them cooked to a soft and creamy texture. For a chef to get scrambled eggs right in the first go is rare, even at five-star properties. Lo and behold! This chef got the scrambled eggs right in one go. My brekkie on the very first day began in ‘happy puppy’ mode.



Over the next few mornings, I tried various dishes at breakfast. The fluffy cheese omelette I requested was classic. 



The Parsi Akoori wasn't too creamy but it wasn't overcooked like Bhurji either. The chef did, indeed, serve me Akoori (kinda). Had it been the texture of Bhurji, I most certainly would have sent it back. 



One morning I requested Sunny Side Ups and, they were perfect! 



The Eggs Benny (Benedict) was well made. The Hollandaise was creamy, and the eggs that prettily sat atop the crisp muffins were perfectly poached! A wee bit of extra ham would’ve been nice, though. 



I also tried their pancakes, French toast and waffles, all of which were stellar (sooooo good 😊). I could find no fault with any of these.



Frangipani serves a wide range of bread and cheese at their breakfast buffet. 



From Buns to Baguettes; Cinnamon rolls, Pain Au Chocolat and Croissants, the variety of breads they serve are drool-worthy. 



Juices, baked beans, sausages, cold cuts, cornflakes, porridge, tiny tarts, quiches and South Indian dishes, they serve it all. Oh, by the way, they also serve a mean hummus!



While I loved everything they served, there was one thing I had every single morning. The croissants! They were supreme! 



Each morning I would request the servers to pack two croissants for me with a stick of butter and jam to have with my evening tea. Yes, they were THAT good!! 



Check out the photographs of the croissants, especially the cut ones showing the inner honeycomb structure. 



When the dough is correctly laminated (layered), the result is this beautiful airy honeycomb texture. Flaky with a gorgeous sheen on top and deliciously buttery from within, these beauties stole my heart!



As most of you, who read my write-ups know, I love cheese and my favourite is Brie. One morning I requested some Brie with a Croissant. Chef Stefan Chin sent the Brie and the Croissant so well plated that I could not help but click a photograph of it. 



They had Brie at their cheese station every day except on the day I was to return home. I mentioned the missing Brie to the server. In a couple of minutes, the server brought wedges of Brie and set them at my table. I found this to be such a kind gesture. Unfortunately, as I was in a rush to check out that morning, I failed to notice the servers name. Every day, each morning, all servers were attentive, courteous and very helpful.



Usually, I’m a late riser but the excellent breakfast at Trident compelled me to drag myself out of bed each morning, and I happily trotted down for brekkie. 



If you are visiting Mumbai, or live in Mumbai, and wish to experience excellent food and service, head to Trident-Frangipani for their breakfast buffet. They sure know how to keep their patrons happy. I cannot wait to go back for another ‘me-time’ stay.

Address: Frangipani, Trident, Nariman Point, Mumbai
Tel: +912266326310

Frangipani - Trident Nariman Point Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Some more photographs... 



 




The Chef who got the scrambled eggs right at first go. Shabaash! :) 










No comments:

Post a Comment