Pages

Wednesday 7 May 2014

Creamy Coconut Milk Mushroom Curry


Creamy Coconut Milk Mushroom Curry

This recipe was shared by my friend Ravneet Arora at a food forum, at Facebook. This was my first attempt at making a coconut milk curry. Had I known coconut milk curries to be so simple and so deliciously awesome i would have tried my hand at them long back. Ravneet, thank you ever so much for sharing this recipe. <3







Ingredients:

2 tablespoon oil 
1 cup spring onions, chopped thick
1½ tablespoon ginger-garlic paste 
1 teaspoon turmeric powder 
Salt to taste
400 grams mushrooms, cleaned and quartered
400 mils thick coconut milk 
1 heaped teaspoon coriander powder, roasted
1 level teaspoon jeera/cumin powder, roasted
½ -1 teaspoon amchur/dry mango powder
¼ teaspoon black pepper powder

Method:
  1. Heat oil in a kadai, add onions and sauté along with ginger-garlic paste until soft and ginger-garlic is cooked.


  2. Add mushrooms, salt, turmeric powder, black pepper powder, coriander powder and cumin powder, sauté on high heat till done.


  3. The mushrooms should be cooked but should still have a crunch to it.


  4. Add coconut milk and cook for 5-6 minutes, stirring continuously.


  5. Add dry mango powder, cook for another minute. Serve with soft, steamed rice.

Chef’s Notes:
  1. You can use a 400 mils tin of coconut milk. You can also use coconut milk powder to make coconut milk. I used 80 gms Maggi Coconut Milk powder to 400 mils water. 
  2. I had the curry with plain white rice but I urge you all to try a small bowl of the curry just by itself. I promise you will love the flavor. 
  3. From experience, let me add; this curry is beyond excellent when had fresh. I had a wee bit leftover and I did not enjoy it when i reheated it the next day. Somehow the flavour was just not the same.
  4. The photographs for this recipe are from two different cooks hence the change of lighting, bowls, plating, etc. The first few pics were clicked in 2014 and the new pics were clicked a couple of days back (April 2020). The recipe, though, remains the same... absolutely delish!
  5. You may share the direct blog-link of the recipe/s but do NOT publish my recipes and my photographs on any blog-site or website without my explicit consent or attempt to pass off my recipe/s as your own. You will be held accountable for plagiarism.



No comments:

Post a Comment