Creamy Coconut Milk Mushroom Curry
This recipe was shared by my friend Ravneet Arora at a food forum, at Facebook. This was my first attempt at making a coconut milk curry. Had I known coconut milk curries to be so simple and so deliciously awesome i would have tried my hand at them long back. Ravneet, thank you ever so much for sharing this recipe. <3
2 tablespoon oil
1 -1½ cups spring onions, chopped thick
1-1/2 tablespoon ginger-garlic paste
1 teaspoon turmeric powder
Salt to taste
400 grams mushrooms, cleaned and quartered
400 mils thick coconut milk
1 heaped teaspoon coriander powder, roasted
1 level teaspoon jeera/cumin powder, roasted
½ -1 teaspoon amchur/dry mango powder
¼ teaspoon black pepper powder
- Heat oil in a kadai, add onions and sauté along with ginger-garlic paste until soft and ginger-garlic is cooked.
- Add mushrooms, salt, turmeric powder, black pepper powder, coriander powder and cumin powder, sauté on high heat till done. They should be cooked but should still have a crunch to it.
- Add coconut milk and cook for 5-6 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Add dry mango powder, cook for another minute. Serve!
- You can use a 400 mils tin of coconut milk. You can also use coconut milk powder to make coconut milk. I used 80 gms Maggi Coconut Milk powder to 400 mils water.
- I had the curry with plain white rice but I urge you all to try a small bowl of the curry just by itself. I promise you will love the flavor.
- You may share the direct blog-link of the
recipe/s but do NOT publish my recipes and my photographs on any blog-site
or website without my explicit consent or attempt to pass off my recipe/s
as your own. You will be held accountable for plagiarism.