Pages

Saturday 3 May 2014

Paneer Cutlets - Cottage Cheese Cutlets


Paneer Cutlets - Cottage Cheese Cutlets

I'm the carnivore who usually steers clear off vegetarian food but show me a block of soft cottage cheese and it gets me salivating. I can have it raw with just salt and pepper sprinkled on it. Yes, I'm known to eat such crazy stuff. When my friend Zarina posted this recipe I knew I would definitely try it out in my kitchen and I did. The spices blended wonderfully with the grated cottage cheese and the sour back-notes, because of the added lime, tasted fantastic! Zarina (Zee), thank you ever so much for this one. <3

Ingredients:

250 fresh paneer/cottage cheese, grated
1 onion, chopped and fried
1½ teaspoon ground garlic/green chili/jeera (cumin) paste
½ teaspoon red chili powder
¼ teaspoon haldi/turmeric powder
1 tablespoon corn flour
2 tablespoons coriander leaves, finely chopped
Juice of ½ a lemon
A dash of Tabasco sauce
1 green chili, finely chopped
3 tablespoons oil
3 tablespoons rawa/semolina
2 eggs, beaten
Salt to taste



Method:
  1. Mix all the ingredients above in a mixing bowl, except eggs, rawa and oil.
  2. Put it in the paneer mixture in the fridge for an hour or two.
  3. Heat oil in a non-stick frying pan.
  4. Shape the mixture into cutlets. 
  5. Thinly coat in rawa, and then dip in the beaten egg and lower into the oil.
  6. Fry until golden brown on both sides. Serve hot with ketchup or green chutney.
Chef’s Notes:
  1. This quantity makes 10 medium sized cutlets.
  2. I used a little more Tabasco for extra zing. 
  3. You may share the direct blog-link of the recipe/s but do NOT publish my recipes and my photographs on any blog-site or website without my explicit consent or attempt to pass off my recipe/s as your own. You will be held accountable for plagiarism. 

No comments:

Post a Comment