Garlic Herb Butter
After The Never-Fail Blender Mayonnaise recipe for newbie's of the culinary world, I bring you a recipe that is simple and yet extremely versatile in its use. From the humble Garlic Bread to an exotic dish like Chicken Kiev, Garlic Herb Butter is a 'mix' you can incorporate in various dishes. Once again, it’s time to impress your friends and family with your culinary skills and watch them go “ummmm”. ;-)
1 cup butter, softened
¼ cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
½ -1 tablespoon lemon juice, adjust to your preference
2 clove garlic, chopped to a fine mince
2 green chilies, deseeded and finely chopped
2 fresh red chilies, deseeded and finely chopped
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Beat butter until soft and smooth.
- Stir in parsley, red chilies, green chilies, pepper powder and garlic.
- Add lemon juice to taste.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or
up to three days. You can also freeze it up to a week.
- This recipe can be prepared ahead in time.
- You can also shape the butter into logs/rolls; wrap them individually in plastic cling film and freeze them for up to a week. (Posting a pic of the herb butter logs i had made for Chicken Kiev )
- I chose parsley as my primary herb but feel free to go with any herb of your choice.
- This recipe makes one cup of herb butter.
- Please do not butcher the parsley when you chop it. That also goes for mint, coriander and various other herbs that you chop, as and when required for other dishes.
- You may share the direct blog-link of the
recipe/s but do NOT publish my recipes and my photographs on any blog-site
or website without my explicit consent or attempt to pass off my recipe/s
as your own. You will be held accountable for plagiarism.